What's on the menu?

Channa served with a side of bhatura

Friday, December 01, 2006

A Few of My Favorite Things

NC and I were in the grocery store the other day picking up some items for dinner. He was getting over some sort of strep throat/cold deal and was in need of some comfort food which sparked an awesome conversation (I mean anything concerning food is truly awesome in my book). Anyway, we came up with a list of foods/beverages that remind us of childhood...some favorites were...

-Tater Tots
-Tomato Soup
-Mac and Cheese
-Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
-Capri Sun
-Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
-Peas (ok, not everyone's favorite, but we got them for dinner that night)

What foods do you have fond memories of? I think my true "comfort" food resides in my Konkani heritage - like paas (water rice) with ghee (clarified butter) and mango pickle. YUM!
----------
On a side note: Holy cow, it's December!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home