What's on the menu?

Channa served with a side of bhatura

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Back to the Basics

"Folks, we need to get back to the basics." My former boss (in NC) used to say this to the sales team to try and motivate us. She also said this so that we would refocus on our goals with respect to the mission of the organization and get ourselves back to the starting point. I always hated it when she said that. It was my equivalent of scratching fingers down the chalk board. I felt like we had to give up all the progress we made - three steps forward, ten steps back.

Today, I was thinking about life in general and as much as certain things may rattle my cage (like something yesterday that I'd rather not discuss) I always have to get myself back to square one - back to the basics. What do I know for a fact? I love my family and friends. Ok, so that's good. I have my health and well-being. Check that one off. I set the bar high for myself and thus far have achieved many of my goals prior to when I expected. Not too shabby. I have everything I have ever wanted (not referring to material possessions so much as just in broad terms). I can't complain. I am, indeed, the luckiest girl alive.

So, I'm back to the basics. I hate it when I say that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home