What's on the menu?

Channa served with a side of bhatura

Monday, September 04, 2006

Bitter, party of one. Bitter, party of one.

Your table is now ready.

I was sipping on some major hatorade last night. haha. After a nice rest, a good workout, some of Mom and Dad's amazing Konkani food and of course, some chocolate, I have gained perspective.

There's one piece of advice that I got from Mom which certainly rings true. It goes, "You can't expect everyone to like you." Such a wise woman. I think that's a part of my problem. I actually WANT everyone to like me. I have no clue why. As an adult, I should understand that personalities clash, that people function differently and not everyone is going to like my style. Where does the acceptance of all of this come in?

On to better topics, I had a splendidly wonderful Labor Day weekend. I got to spend some quality time with friends and family that I don't get to see that often. I witnessed a beautiful wedding that was done both Hindu style and Civil Ceremony style. We celebrated Dad's birthday. We ate more food than possibly imaginable. I got some major knitting done on this scarf that I'm trying to finish. The laundry is finished, the apartment is super clean and the closets are organized. All in all, I'd say it was productive and yet enjoyable. Three day weekends totally agree with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home