What's on the menu?

Channa served with a side of bhatura

Friday, August 18, 2006

Just Breathe

Even winning the lottery wouldn't top how I'm feeling right now. A dear friend of mine is now cancer-free. CANCER-FREE. And I'm overwhelmed with emotion. I'm so happy. So, so very happy. Nothing can top this feeling. I must say, she continues to amaze me every single day. Her spirit, her courage, her confidence, her "ass kicking the cancer-ness." I knew she'd come out on top. I just knew it. Here's to you, my love, my dear AB!

I have had a day to absorb all of this. I keep pinching myself just to ensure it's not a dream. I guess it's because my family and I have had to deal with several situations of this nature, especially lately. And the outcome isn't always what we hope for. It's been an absolute rollercoaster. I don't want to say my Aunt C lost her battle with cancer. I hate that term "lost her battle." She didn't lose, she fought very hard until the last minute, and if that isn't the definition of a winner/warrior, then I don't know what is. Saying that she lost the battle means that cancer won. Cancer didn't win. Cancer will never win.

AB telling me that she is CANCER-FREE allows me (and I'm sure her too) to yell loud and clear, "FUCK YOU, CANCER." And I'm positive it is such a good feeling for her, her family, and for all of us - her friends.

It's over. Cancer lost. Now, we can all just breathe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home