What's on the menu?

Channa served with a side of bhatura

Friday, July 28, 2006

Can you tell me how to get...

how to get to Sesame Street.

I have come to the conclusion that Sesame Street characters are all based on real people. I am also convinced that I know all of these real people the characters are based upon. I was sitting in a meeting the other day and looked across the table at this guy. He looked oddly familiar and my mind was racing through the Rolodex of people I have met throughout my life...where do I know this guy from? And then it hit me. This guy is Ernie! Admittedly, it was hard to get through the meeting sitting across from Ernie. I started noticing this more and more with various people - how they not only look like the characters, but in certain aspects they act like the characters, too. I personally think I'm a Zoe.

Sesame Street holds a dear place in my heart. As a child, it was the "Sunny Day" song that got me out of bed in the morning. I would high tail it into the kitchen, grab breakfast and park it in front of the television to absorb all the things that a kid needed to know about the world. What I didn't realize at the time is that it was preparing me for the people I would actually meet in adulthood. So, not only is the show educational in nature, it's also a crystal ball into the future. Brilliant!
------------------
This blog was brought to you by the letter M and the number 7.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:56 PM, Blogger archana said…

    thank you for this post! i love sesame street as well, and have recently revived some excellent children's tunes that make me smile to no end. classics such as Mahna Mahna (Doo Doo) and Bananaphone. let me know if you're interested -- i can hook you up :)

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Ranjit said…

    I think I might be an Ernie as well (and I actually had an Ernie puzzle as well as other Ernie-related toys when I was a kid), because I'm hardly ever serious and I love to have fun...of course, the anal side of me would be Bert, so maybe I am some sort of strange amalgam of the two...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home