What's on the menu?

Channa served with a side of bhatura

Sunday, May 14, 2006

It's just....

got to be so much easier to be a guy. Seriously.

As I was twisting my way in and out of a sari this morning, I realized that guys are truly lucky beings. Well, for one, they don't have to wear saris. They can go to any event in a polo shirt, khaki pants and a blazer and get away with it. But, there's so much more...here are my top 3

1) No monthly visit from Aunt Flo. That in and of itself has got to be a blessing.
2) No pressure to marry or have kids before a certain age (though I hear for guys that around age 30, parents start getting anxious, compare that to the age of 21 for females).
3) The ability to carouse around without being judged. Guys are just "sowing their wild oats" and if a girl were to do the same she'd be a slut.

There are plenty advantages to being a girl...I'm not knocking it. I'm just really mad at the sari.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger Chai said…

    although your top three reasons are good, i would never trade in my vagina for a penis....never.

    dude, can't wait for pretty photo ops this weekend. sari and all.

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Ranjit said…

    What about having to spend your life trying to cater to women? That part about being a guy sucks. :)

    Paying for everything, having to get up the courage to ask them out, making sure you don't piss them off...all things guys have to do that suck.

    Plus, not that I believe that it is anywhere near the pain of childbirth, but you don't have to deal with the pain of being hit in the genitalia. I mean, your pain may be greater, but you have 9 months to prepare for it. Generally, we have no preparation time. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home