What's on the menu?

Channa served with a side of bhatura

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Two 6 Mafia

Well, it happened. I turned 26. I remember when anything above 20 was just plain old. I must admit with that mindset, I had a wealth of "goals" I wanted to accomplish before this age. How could I have possibly thought that I would have a fantastic job, be married, living in the suburbs and working toward a family at this age? I still marvel at the fact that I can take care of myself.

Today was interesting. I made some friends laugh, I let some friends down (sorry CS and SS), I saw a different side to a few friends and I touched base with friends from the far past. My entire family called me this evening, which is the norm, but is always special anyway. I can't imagine my life without all of these people. My conclusion is that I'm lucky. Just plain lucky.

So, this starts a new year. I suppose it's time for resolutions. Yes, most do this on January 1, but not me. I've always got to be just a little bit different.

Resolution 1 - Start a blog. This idea was actually spawned by CS. She's a damn good writer. I guess the initial hurdle was the thought of "what would I write about?" But everytime I asked, the answer was always "whatever is on your mind." How simple and complicated all at the same time.

Resolution 2 - Work on the social life. With having just moved to DC, I'm starting to get better at this.

Resolution 3 - Try a new hobby. I've been knitting for a while. Go ahead. Laugh it up. I enjoy it, but need something "crafty" to do other than knitting.

Resolution 4 - Revive an old hobby. I used to take pictures like I was getting paid for it. I loved photography so much, but have not done any creative photography since my last trip to India in Jan. 2005. I love picking up my Cannon again with it's extra lenses and going out and just doing a photo shoot of anything - nature, people, landmarks. I need to get that feeling back.

Resolution 5 - Write more letters. Letter writing is a lost art, which is understandable given the technology that we have today. I would like to revive it, but I don't know what any one of my friends or family would do if they received something handwritten from me.

Resolution 6 - Learn something new everyday. This was my grandfather's advice to me a long time ago. When you stop learning, you stop living. That's just plain wise.

Note that there's nothing in there about finding a husband, house or any children. But hey, at least I've got a fantastic job, great friends and an awesome family. I can't complain.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger Ranjit said…

    Well, even though you didn't say it, maybe you will end up finding some children.

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Chai said…

    huh, ranjit?

    welcome mkp to the blogger world. it's fun times.

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Ranjit said…

    "Note that there's nothing in there about finding a husband, house or any children."

    That implies finding a husband, finding a house, or finding any children...

    Just being an ass...

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger Chai said…

    oh, got it. i know you were being an ass, i was just slow on the pick up. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home