What's on the menu?

Channa served with a side of bhatura

Friday, July 07, 2006

KonCANi

Having attended all of the Konkani Sammelans/Youth Conventions for a decade now, I think I know what it takes to make a good Sammelan. I would like to eventually plan a Sammelan, but, for now, let me just say that the Canadians did a great job getting this together. The youth especially stepped up to the plate and showed us a phenomenal time. I think the bar has been raised and I'm excited that the Bay Area has decided to take on the challenge for the Youth Convention in 2007. I know they will do an awesome job.

I went to Canada with a bad attitude. Actually, it was horrible. I'm not sure why. I love my Canadians. It was only exacerbated by the fact that we've never had a Sammelan in a major, metropolitan city. But, you know what? Hamilton served its purpose. I would still love to see one in a big city, but I'll wait until I'm put in the hot seat and on the planning committee. I'm certain I'll retract this statement as soon as I see how much it costs.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:03 PM, Blogger Ranjit said…

    We will plan that one together!

    I think if I could plan conventions for a living (and it paid well, of course), I would do it. Nothing like doing a whole bunch of planning and then seeing it come to fruition, especially when you know you've made a difference for so many people.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home