What's on the menu?

Channa served with a side of bhatura

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

There is a light that shines...special for you and me

I was thinking about my friends today and how much unconditional love there is among us all. Though we don't necessarily say "I love you" - we show it, and we show it often. It can mean all of us sitting around watching Saved by the Bell at the residence of RS, it can be an impromptu e-mail just to let someone know you are thinking of them, or it can mean planning a birthday party for one or two of them (haha!). This unconditional love obviously extends to family too - like when my cousin JK came to DC just because he needed to see me.

I don't believe in soul mates - well, let me clarify - I don't believe there is just ONE person that we can consider as a soul mate. I don't buy that there's only one person in the world that we are meant to be with. I believe in soul mates in the sense that there are people (male and female, relatives and friends) that I'm clearly compatible with, who have been with me through thick and thin and still love me no matter what. Of course they haven't always agreed with me, my point of view, but they respect it for what it is. I love that there are people out there that have seen me at both extremes of worst and best. It's with these people that I feel like I can truly let loose and be myself.

-------------

On a kind-of related note, I read something today that made - in southern terms - my cup overflow. It has absolutely nothing to do with me or the group, but with my friend, perhaps a soul mate. She will keep fighting the good fight as long as necessary. And she knows that we all love her...unconditionally.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger archana said…

    thank you mkp! i heart you :)

     
  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger Ranjit said…

    Unconditional love fo life!

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    what time is it? nargh. what time do you want to leave? nargh, nargh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home