What's on the menu?

Channa served with a side of bhatura

Friday, April 27, 2007

When You Know....

You just know.

My goodness. The past couple of weeks have been extraordinary.

MKK came to visit me. I love seeing her - it's always good for my soul. She does the big sister thing so well. We ate (and ate, and ate, and ate) and she also got to meet NC. I'm glad they got along like two peas in a pod for nothing other than the fact that it shows NC is truly a perfect fit for our family. It was sad having to take her back to the airport, but then we were back at the airport a few short days later for my birthday trip.

NC took me snowboarding in Whistler, BC. Canada is amazing...the scenery is absolutely gorgeous. We spent a great deal of time on the slopes - mountains there are so much better than anything you could ever find out here. And that's where we got engaged. On a mountain. In the snow. Among the trees. With a beautiful view.

Execution was flawless. And how my mom and dad knew for two weeks beforehand and were able to keep it a complete secret is beyond me. It all caught me off guard, I just wasn't expecting it - I mean I knew we would eventually get engaged at some point - it was never a matter of "if" it was just a matter of "when." And when turned out to be April 20.

I couldn't be happier.

Now we have an engagement party, a visiting family/shopping trip to India and a wedding to plan. But for the moment, we're just going to enjoy the view.
----------------



3 Comments:

  • At 11:38 PM, Blogger AnuZi said…

    YAY!! Congratulations...welcome to the "married people's club". I have yet to hear details and you know I love engagement stories...so expect a call chica!

     
  • At 2:19 AM, Blogger Sheets said…

    Well now I know where you were!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to both you and NC!

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Blogger archana said…

    CONGRATS mkp! engaged... and in Canada of all places. sounds perfect to me :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home