What's on the menu?

Channa served with a side of bhatura

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Just Don't Get It

I haven't quite figured out NYC yet; however, I can say that I'm completely intrigued by it. It's generally portrayed as a big, loud place with lots going on but there are certainly ways to make it a quiet retreat, too. I love running in Central Park, I love the museums, I love the many different places you can visit all within walking distance. The Upper East Side is pretty swank so no complaints there either.

I hate the traffic (thank God I don't have to drive in it). I'm not a huge fan of the subway system - though to its credit it is easy to use and covers a lot of ground. I think it's just because I compare it to the DC Metro system which is pretty nice. And I have some issues with the general snarky attitude that some people have (though I haven't truly encountered it all that much).

-----------
I guess I should stop dissecting it and just enjoy. I look forward to exploring.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:29 PM, Blogger archana said…

    YEAHHH! when are you here next? the city aint soooo bad hehe. i think it'd break a girl down if they stayed for toooo long, but in the short(ish) term it's full of warm surprises! i have been here all summer and still haven't found that snarkiness everyone likes to talk about. i think it's urban legend :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home