What's on the menu?

Channa served with a side of bhatura

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Ground on Down

Still up on cloud 9, however, also trying to keep both feet on the ground.

I hung out with Anuzi and Mr. Bhat the other night - they took me out for a celebratory dinner (thanks, guys!). Unfortunately, NC got the 4p to 2a shift this week, so he couldn't join in. No worries, I ate enough for the both of us. Anyway, I got a lot of great advice from them about wedding planning. Lord knows I'll be picking their brains a lot over the next year or so. I also got to talk to Mals, who is at the home stretch - only a few days until her nuptuals.

This weekend we'll be going to my hometown to look at four venues and also have our engagement photos taken. There's also a side trip planned to go see Ajja and Mamama! It's going to be busy, but I know NC and I will have loads of fun.

There are a gazillion questions swirling around in my head about everything, so as a great distraction, I was tagged by Arches to list seven things that people don't know about the mkp.

1) When I get writer's block, I have to step away from the computer, sit with a legal pad and write it all out by hand. I did many of my papers in college this way. Even with pieces that I write for work, I'll take this approach.
2) I. must. sleep. with. socks. on. If I don't, then I have nightmares.
3) Speaking of sleep, if I'm almost entering sandman's world and I feel like I haven't locked the door, I have to get up and check it. Sadly enough, 10 times out of 10, it's locked. You would think that I would have learned my lesson by now.
4) This is going to be the same as Arches number 6 - I can't stand it when people touch my feet. NO TOUCHY! Pedicures (all 2 of them that I've had) absolutely kill me. My heart starts racing and I get all squirmy in the chair.
5) My brain never shuts off. There's not a time that I'm not thinking about something. And a majority of the time, there's background music, too. Occasionally, it sounds like narration of what I'm actually doing (sometimes it's in Konkani).
6) If I'm running a race, or if I'm just running for kicks and giggles, when I get to the last part of my run, I sprint like crazy.
7) I was a big kid (ages 10-12) - like round big. Big, big. Cute, but big.

I'd want to tag Priya for this. Work it for me, mama.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:06 AM, Blogger archana said…

    thanks for the post, mkp! it has been a while... the blogging world has missed you.

    i have another one in common with you - the not switching my mind off thing! there is basically nothing that can switch my thoughts off. well, there is oooone thing. but mentioning it would take this to the gutter...am i even allowed to say THAT?! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home