What's on the menu?

Channa served with a side of bhatura

Friday, July 25, 2008

Fool In the Rain

Sometimes you just need a kick in the arse. Thanks, Arch, for giving me that. :)

I haven't forgotten about blogging - truth is, I write all day at work, and well...that just doesn't bode well for the blog. I've gotten some kick ass assignments though - namely a few months back the China Earthquakes and Myanmar Cyclone. It was so cool working with the International division of my organization.

NC and I went to see The Dark Knight - I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Loved the cast, costumes, special effects, all of it. NC thought it was good, but not the best ever. Actually, I overheard a bunch of people saying that as we left the theater, so maybe I'm the aberration. I thought it was well done. As we left, it was pouring outside. Nothing like a good run in the rain with your future spouse. I distinctly remember looking over while we were both laughing hysterically and thinking, "Wow, I get to marry him!" Of course we could have taken the metro, but that's just not as fun.

A few weeks back, I had a bachelorette party. I have to give a big thanks to my girls DK, SK, MK, MG - it was incredible. Admittedly, I didn't really want one - all of these people are spending an extraordinary amount of money to make it to the wedding. I felt like it was completely unnecessary to spend more (on travel, food, activities, etc...) That got shot down quickly, though. And now, I'm glad I had it. We spent a majority of the weekend eating, and, let's face it, that's my kind of party!

And a month ago, I had my 10 year high school reunion. I can't believe it's been 10 years. Everyone looks exactly the same which is awesome. Personalities are all still in tact. I freaked out a little (internally) that one of my high school buddies has a daughter who is 7 years old now. I can't imagine what I would do with a 7 year old. But, all these people got to meet NC and then everyone gave me 'war' stories from their weddings - entirely too entertaining. I'm one of the few unmarried folks of my class, but I sure am glad that I waited.

My cousin is getting married next weekend! I'm psyched for him, especially b/c he's marrying someone so spectacular. I'm getting ready for the festivities - it will be great to hang with the family again.

----------
Not sure when the next update will be - perhaps after I am married. (insert girlish giggling here)

4 Comments:

  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger Sheets said…

    You're sooo ridiculous! But I'm glad you shared your happy stories. Yay to enjoying life!

    10 year reunion!?!??!?! I'm not sure I could go back for that ;)

     
  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger archana said…

    woooooooo! i think part of why i love your blog is because your life is SO random. 10 yr reunion? covering maaajor international news stories? seeing the Dark Knight.

    ..... okay, maybe the last one is a bit more common :) and ps, i LOVED it as well. definitely not underrated in my books.

     
  • At 7:48 PM, Blogger M said…

    Mayu! I have been horrible about blogging too.. but I'm trying to get better.. just to a smaller potential audience, that's all :) Your story about the rain brought a big smile to my face... Those moments are priceless, aren't they? Soo happy for you both and can't wait till the big day!! :)

     
  • At 9:10 PM, Blogger R said…

    Nick Nolte!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home